§1. General Points
- The 16th Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists, referred to hereafter as Conference, is a review of scientific attainments and a competition amongst the best scientific papers.
- The Conference will be held from the 8-10th of May, 2020 at the campus of the Medical University of Warsaw (Księcia Trojdena 2a, Warsaw, Poland).
- The Conference will hold the following scientific sessions: Audiology & Phoniatry; Basic & Preclinical Science; Cardiology & Cardiosurgery; Dentistry; Dermatology; Endocrinology & Diabetes; Genetics & Molecular Biology; Gynecological Case Report; Infectious Diseases; Internal Case Report; Internal Medicine; Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition; Neonatology; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Obstetrics, Perinatology & Gynecology; Oncology & Hematology; Ophthalmology; Orthopaedics & Sport Medicine; Otorhinolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery; Pediatric Case Report; Pediatrics; Pharmacy; PhD Basic & Preclinical Science; PhD Clinical Science; PhD Health Science; Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology; Public & Global Health; Radiology; Surgery; Surgical Case Report; Transplantology; Urology.
- A particular session will take place only if 8 or more scientific papers from at least 2 different scientific groups are accepted in the review process. If the number of papers for a specific session does not meet this requirement, the organizers will cancel the session. The organizers have the right to transfer papers to a session which is most closely related to the topic.
- In all sessions, except PhD Basic and Preclinical Science, PhD Clinical Science and PhD Health Science, the presenter has to be a student or graduate, within one year of graduation.
§2. Terms of registering and accepting abstracts
- The abstract must be submitted until February 16th, 2020.
- Abstracts are accepted only in English via electronic registration on the Conference Website.
- We accept only abstract of Original Research Paper and Case Report (only in Case Report Sessions). Review abstracts are not allowed.
- The abstract has to consist of 5 parts: introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion.
- The Case Report Session abstract should consist of 3 parts: background, case report, conclusions.
- The abstract may not be longer than 2500 signs including spacebar signs. Title and internal titles (introduction, aim of the study etc.) are not included in the count.
- The abstract is not allowed to contain grids, graphs nor picture images.
- The abstract may be submitted by only one presenter.
- Each presenter may submit no more than 3 regular abstracts and 2 case reports.
- The acceptance of the scientific abstracts is based on the marks given by at least two reviewers.
- The Organizing Committee seizes a right to change the form of presented abstracts and to transfer them to another session.
- The author of the scientific paper will be informed – via email – about the acceptance, assigned session, type of presentation or decline of the paper during the month of March, 2020. The Organization Committee seizes a right to extend time to inform the authors of the scientific papers due to unexpected circumstances.
- The decision concerning the type of assigned session, form of presentation or decline of an abstract is final.
- The acceptance process is considered finished at the moment of payment of the conference fee.
§3. Principles and forms of presentations
- Scientific Papers may be presented as regular oral presentations or short oral presentations, with differences in length of presentation and discussion (see points 22 and 24). Scientific Papers already presented during previous editions of the Conference will not be accepted.
- The regular oral presentation, as well as the short presentation, should be compatible with Microsoft Power Point 2004 version or older. Organizers do not take responsibility for malfunctions of presentations created in different formats. The presentation should be sent to an appropriate session coordinator, before deadline set by the coordinator. All animations and sound files are attached by the authors at their own responsibility.
- Presenter of a regular presentation has 7 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for the discussion.
- Presenter of a case report has 4 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for the discussion.
- Presenter of a short presentation has 4 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for the discussion.
- Only one person, chosen from the authors can be a presenter. The presenter is obligated to participate in the discussion after finishing presentation. Co-authors are also allowed to participate in the discussion.
- The official language of presentation is English.
§4. Terms of competition during the Conference
- Accepted papers have the right to be presented during the Conference and will take part in the competition.
- Each session has a specially established Jury, consisting of acknowledged specialists in the particular field.
- The Jury of each session picks and awards at least one best presentation.
- The special prizes are awarded by the Jury of a particular session, unless the prize founder states otherwise.
- 8 best presenters selected from the winners of the following sessions: Audiology & Phoniatry; Basic & Preclinical Science; Cardiology & Cardiosurgery; Dentistry; Dermatology; Endocrinology & Diabetes; Genetics & Molecular Biology; Infectious Diseases; Internal Medicine; Lifestyle Medicine & Nutrition; Neonatology; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Obstetrics, Perinatology & Gynecology; Oncology & Hematology; Ophthalmology; Orthopaedics & Sport Medicine; Otorhinolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery; Pediatrics; Pharmacy; Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology; Public & Global Health; Radiology; Surgery; Transplantology; Urology will present their papers in the Plenary Session on May 10th, 2020.
- List of participants qualified for the Plenary Session will be announced on May 9th until 9.00pm at the Conference website www.wimc.wum.edu.pl.
- The presenter in the Plenary Session has 7 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for the discussion.
- The evaluation of the Jury is ultimate and indisputable.
- Coordinators of a particular session have the right to exclude a scientific paper from the competition if the person registering an abstract or presenting a paper does not abide the regulations of the Conference.
§5. Registration Fees
- Registration fee will be announced by conference organizers on the opening day of the registration.
- All active and passive participants are provided with: a conference pack (consisting of conference gadgets, abstract book, international medical press and extra materials provided by the City of Warsaw), full social programme, home-stay accommodation programme, admittance for the opening ceremony.
- A money transfer to a bank account of the Students Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw is the only accepted form of registration fee payment.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Every participant who has submitted the registration fee is obligated to send the confirmation of making the bank transfer to our e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
§6. Final Points
- The registration of a scientific paper is equivalent with the approval of these regulations and consent for processing of all data given during the registration of the scientific paper for the purposes of the Students Scientific Association statute and Conference Organizing Committee tasks, for a preparation of the abstract book, publishing the abstracts and results of the competition on the Students Scientific Association’s Website and Congress Webpage.
- An invoice and invitation letter for purposes of acquiring a visa will be provided only after selecting appropriate options during registration.
- The Administrator of your personal data is the Medical University of Warsaw with registered office at Żwirki i Wigury 61, 02-091 in Warsaw.
- A Data Protection Officer oversees the processing of personal data and can be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Your personal data will be processed for the administrative purposes of the conference.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with article 13paragraph 1 point a or f of the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016.
- Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for achieving the purposes for which they are collected.
- The data will be made available to third parties where required by law, and on the basis of entrustment contracts, it will be transferred to entities providing services to the Medical University of Warsaw, including providers of IT systems and services, payment operators, postal service providers, couriers, and other subcontractors.
- The data will be stored for the period required to service the conference. If your consent is the legal basis for data processing, the data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn. The consent can be withdrawn at any time by sending a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to access your data and, subject to laws and regulations, the right to correct, delete, limit processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object to the processing, and the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to bring a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (PUODO).
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way and will not be profiled.