§1. General Points
- The 14th Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists, referred to hereafter as Conference, is a review of scientific attainments and a competition amongst the best scientific papers.
- The Conference will be held on the 10-13th of May, 2018 at the campus of the Medical University of Warsaw (Księcia Trojdena St. 2a).
- The Conference will hold the following scientific sessions: Basic & Preclinical Science, Cardiology & Cardiosurgery, Dentistry, Dermatology, Endocrinology & Diabetology, Genetics & Molecular Biology, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Internal Case Report, Laryngology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics, Perinatology & Gynecology, Oncology & Hematology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Paediatric Case Report, PhD Basic and Preclinical Science, PhD Clinical Science, PhD Health Science, Pharmacy, Psychiatrics & Clinical Psychology, Public & Global Health, Radiology, Surgery, Surgical Case Report.
- A particular session will take place only if 8 or more scientific papers from at least 2 different scientific groups are accepted in the review process. If the number of papers for a specific session does not meet this requirement, the organizers will cancel the session. The organizers have the right to transfer papers to a session which is most closely related to the topic.
- In all sessions, except PhD Basic and Preclinical Science, PhD Clinical Science and PhD Health Science, presenter has to be a student or within one year after graduation.
§2. Terms of registering and accepting abstracts
- The abstract must be submitted until 18th February, 2018.
- Abstracts are accepted only in English via electronic registration on the Conference Website.
- We accept only abstract of Original Research Paper and Case Report (only in Case Report Sessions). Review abstracts are not allowed.
- The abstract has to consist of 5 parts: introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion.
- The Case Report Session abstract should consist of 3 parts: background, case report, conclusions.
- The abstract may not be longer than 2500 signs including spacebar signs. Title and internal titles (introduction, aim of the study etc.) are not included in the count.
- The abstract is not allowed to contain grids, graphs nor picture images.
- The abstract may be submitted by only one presenter.
- Each presenter may submit no more than 3 regular abstracts and 2 case reports.
- The acceptance of the scientific abstracts is based on the marks given by at least two reviewers.
- The Organizing Committee seizes a right to change the form of presented abstracts and to transfer them to another session.
- The author of the scientific paper will be informed about the acceptance, assigned session, type of presentation or decline of the paper through an email, until 18th of March, 2018. The Organization Committee seizes a right to extend time to inform the authors of the scientific papiers due to unexpected circumstances.
- The decision concerning type of assigned session, form of presentation or decline of an abstract is ultimate.
- The acceptance process is finished at the moment of the conference fee payment.
§3. Principles and forms of presentations
- Scientific Papers may be presented as regular oral presentations or short oral presentations, with differences in length of presentation and discussion (see points 19 and 21). Scientific Papers already presented during previous editions of the Conference will not be accepted.
- The regular oral presentation, as well as the short presentation, should be compatible with Microsoft Power Point 2004 version or older. Organizers do not take responsibility for malfunctions of presentations created in different formats. The presentation should be sent to an appropriate session coordinator, before deadline set by the coordinator. All animations and sound files are attached by the authors at their own responsibility.
- Presenter of a regular presentation has 7 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for the discussion.
- Presenter of a case report has 4 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for the discussion.
- Presenter of a short presentation has 4 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for the discussion.
- Only one person, chosen from the authors can be a presenter. Presenter is obligated to participate in the discussion after finishing presentation. Co-authors are also allowed to participate in the discussion.
- The official language of presentation is English.
§4. Terms of competition during the Conference
- Accepted papers have the right to be presented during the Conference and will take part in the competition.
- Each session has a specially established Jury, consisting of acknowledged specialists in the particular field.
- The Jury of each session picks and awards at least one best presentation.
- The special prizes are awarded by the Jury of a particular session, unless the prize founder states otherwise.
- 8 best presenters selected from the winners of the following sessions: Basic & Preclinical Science, Cardiology & Cardiosurgery, Endocrinology & Diabetes, Genetics & Molecular Biology, Internal Medicine, Neurology Neurosurgery, Obstetrics, Perinatology & Gynecology, Oncology & Hematology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology, Public & Global Health, Surgery will present their papers in the Plenary Session on Sunday, May 13th, 2018.
- List of participants qualified for the Plenary Session will be announced on May 12th until 9.00pm at the Conference website www.wimc.wum.edu.pl.
- Presenter in the Plenary Session has 7 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for the discussion.
- The evaluation of the Jury is ultimate and undisputable.
- Coordinators of a particular session have the right to exclude a scientific paper from the competition if the person registering an abstract or presenting a paper does not abide the regulations of the Conference.
§5. Registration Fees
- Registration fee will be announced by conference organizers on the opening day of the registration.
- All active and passive participants are provided with: a conference pack (consisting of conference gadgets, abstract book, international medical press and extra materials provided by the City of Warsaw), full social programme, home-stay accommodation programme, admittance for the opening ceremony.
- A money transfer to a bank account of the Students Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw is the only accepted form of registration fee payment.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Every participant who has submitted the registration fee is obligated to send the confirmation of making the bank transfer to our e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
§6. Final Points
- The registration of a scientific paper is equivalent with the approval of these regulations and consent for processing of all data given during the registration of the scientific paper for the purposes of the Students Scientific Association statute and Conference Organizing Committee tasks, for a preparation of the abstract book, publishing the abstracts and results of the competition on the Students Scientific Association’s Website and Congress Webpage.
- An invoice and invitation letter for purposes of acquiring a visa will be provided only after selecting appropriate options during registration.