Due to cooperation with our Partner, three authors of outstanding research papers presented during 12th Warsaw International Medical Congress were awarded free tickets to the World Health Summit 2016. All the papers concerned important global health issues: infection control, obesity and eye fundus examination in developing countries. We are sure that young researchers can learn a lot during three days of WHS sessions.
What is more, splendid publication by WHS – the WHS Yearbook was distributed among WIMC Participants. This and other materials by WHS are available online: http://goo.gl/NlR1cz All the readers may get familiar with such topics as Digital Health – idea mentioned during one of 12th WIMC Keynote Lectures, as well as climate change, mega disasters and many more.
The World Health Summit (WHS) is the annual conference of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. Its goal is to improve health worldwide through collaboration, open dialogue among all stakeholders and agenda-setting through authoritative statements and calls for action strengthened by the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) for Health.
World Health Summit 2016 will be held between 9-11th October in the Federal Foreign Office, Berlin
It will last 3 days and will consist of 40 sessions during which 250 speakers will share their ideas and comments.
This interdisciplinary event attracts about 1,500 international leaders from every health-related sector, including:
• Leading scientists
• Nobel laureates
• CEOs from industry and civil society
• high-ranking UN, WHO and NGO officials
will work together to find solutions to global health challenges.
Central topics include:
• Migration and Refugee Health: From Care to Policy
• Technological Innovation for Health: Improving Healthcare Delivery
• Women, Empowerment and Health: Equality and Agency
• Translational Research: Advancing Innovative Treatment
• Infectious Diseases: Lessons Learned from Ebola to Zika
• Sustainable Development Goals: Transforming the Health Agenda
The WHS is held under the high patronage of:
• Angela Merkel, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany
• François Hollande, President of the French Republic
• Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission
The WHS Community is a fast-growing network of 20,000+ opinion leaders and health protagonists from over 120 countries and 7,500 organizations. Since it was founded, more than 12,000 participants from all over the world have attended the annual WHS and Regional Meetings.
• WHS Startup Track http://www.worldhealthsummit.org/the-sum…/startup-track.html
• New Voices in Global Healthhttp://www.worldhealthsummit.org/th…/call-for-abstracts.html
• IAP Young Physician Leaders http://www.worldhealthsummit.org/…/young-physician-leaders.…
• Next Generation of Science Journalists Awardhttp://www.worldhealthsummit.org/…/next-generation-of-scien…
• WHS Science & Industry Circle
Further information is available at: