§1 General Regulations
- The 16th Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists, referred to hereafter as Conference, is a review of scientific attainments and a competition amongst the best scientific papers in various sessions.
- The Conference will be held online via a chosen platform on the 29th and the 30th of May of 2021.
- Warsaw International Medical Congress (referred to as 16th WIMC) is organized by the Students’ Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw (referred to as STN WUM).
- The Organizing Committee, referred to hereafter as Organizers, consists of the board of the Students’ Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw.
- The Organizing Committee appoints Coordinators of Scientific Sessions, whose main tasks will be to organize, prepare and take care of thematic sessions of the Conference.
- The official website of the conference is https://wimc.wum.edu.pl/
- The official language of the Conference is English.
§2 The general course of the Conference
- The Conference consists of three parts: scientific, training and public.
- The scientific part of the Conference should be understood as scientific sessions in form of on-line presentations. The Conference will hold the following scientific sessions: Basic & Preclinical Science; Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery; Dentistry; Infectious Diseases & COVID-19; Internal Medicine; Lifestyle Medicine & Public Health; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Obstetrics, Gynecology & Perinatology; Oncology & Hematology; Pediatrics; Pharmacy; Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology; Surgery; Internal Medicine Case Report; Pediatric Case Report; Surgical Case Report; Gynecological Case Report.
- A particular session will take place only if 8 or more scientific papers from at least 2 different scientific groups are accepted in the review process. If the number of papers submitted for a specific session does not meet this requirement, the organizers seize the right to cancel the session, to transfer papers to a session which is most closely related to the topic, to join two sessions which are thematically similar.
- The maximum number of presentations to take place in one session (i.e. the number of abstracts that can be approved for participation within the session) is 15 for all sessions other than case study sessions. For all case study sessions, a maximum number of presentations in one session is 20. Nevertheless, the Organizing Committee seizes the right to change the maximum number of abstracts approved for a given session.
- The training part of the Conference should be understood as discussion panels and workshops organized by the Organizing Committee, Partners or Sponsors. Panels and workshops will be announced in a separate notice and will be organized in the form of webinars requiring separate registration. Participation in the training part of the Conference is free of charge. Each participant of the training part of the Conference will get the certificate of participation via e-mail, if provided in the registration process.
- The public part of the Conference should be understood as a series of keynote lectures taking place during the Congress. The aim of these lectures is to provide the attendees with science knowledge associated with advanced medical research in accessible form.
§3 Scientific papers and their authors
- The abstract must be submitted until 20:00 CEST, on April 25th, 2021.
- Abstracts are accepted only in English via electronic registration on the Conference Website.
- Only abstracts of original research papers and case reports will be accepted. Review papers will not be accepted.
- The abstract must consist of 5 parts: introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion.
- The case report must consist of 3 parts: background, case report, conclusions.
- The abstract may not be longer than 2500 characters. Title and internal titles (introduction, aim of the study etc.) are not included in the count.
- The abstract is not allowed to contain grids, graphs nor picture images.
- The abstract may be submitted by only one presenter.
- Each presenter may submit no more than 3 abstracts and 2 case reports.
- The acceptance of the scientific abstracts is based on the marks given by at least two reviewers.
- The Organizing Committee seizes the right to change the form of presented abstracts and to transfer them to another session.
- The author of the scientific work will be informed – via email – about the acceptance, assigned session, type of presentation or decline of the paper on May 10th, 2021. The Organization Committee seizes a right to extend time to inform the authors of the scientific papers due to unexpected circumstances.
- The decision concerning the type of assigned session, form of presentation or decline of an abstract is final.
- In all sessions the presenting person should be one of the authors and a student. Each scientific paper can be presented and discussed by ONLY ONE of the authors – the one indicated in the registration form.
§4 The conference fee
- Due to the online organization of 16th Warsaw International Medical Congress, both active and passive Participants will be exempt from the Conference Fee.
§5 Principles of presentations
- Due to the current epidemiological situation, on the recommendation of the Rector of Medical University of Warsaw, the only form of presentation 16th Warsaw International Medical Congress is via online video communication in English.
- Multimedia presentations may be prepared using any application. The author of the presentation is responsible for correct functioning of the presentation during the on-line video communication. We recommend the use of Microsoft Office PowerPoint or Adobe Reader. Video recordings included in the presentations are not recommended and their correct display via internet connection cannot be guaranteed. All animations and sound/video files are attached by the authors at their own responsibility.
- All presentations must be delivered using an online method described in the qualification e-mail. Organizers are not responsible for any problems from the participant side. Each session will hold an “demo” event, during which internet connection and short instruction for the authors will be provided. We encourage all the authors to take part in the “demo” to ensure proper connection during the session. In the event of connection problems from the authors side, we recommend contacting the University IT Department specific for the authors residency.
- Presentations will take place according to a precise schedule set by the Organizers. The schedule will be shared with participants at least 7 days prior to the conference. Mail confirmation of presenting authors availability according to the sessions schedule is required at least 5 days prior the conference. Further details for on-line presenting authors will be provided in the email information from the session coordinators.
- Each author is obligated to login for the online video communication room specific for the session at least 15 minutes prior to the session start. Rooms will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the session, and the link for access of the video communication room will be sent on the email address specified in the abstract submission panel. The entry for the video communication room will be closed 5 minutes before the beginning of the session. Authors who did not log in within the specified timeframe will not be able to join the session and will not be awarded the certificate of participation.
- The presentation time of a original paper is set at 7 minutes, while 3 additional minutes are meant for discussion of the paper.
- The presentation of a case report is set at 5 minutes, while 3 additional minutes are meant for discussion of the report.
- There can only be one presenting person for a given scientific paper – one of the authors must be indicated in the registration process. Tutors and co-authors are not allowed to participate in the discussion.
§6 Jury and awards
- Presentations will be judged by a Jury properly selected for each scientific session. Each session has a Jury, consisting of acknowledged specialists in the particular field. In order to eliminate a possible conflict of interest, tutor(s) of a paper submitted to the Conference can be member of the Jury but will be excluded from grading scientific work that was performed in the research center of their origin by any of their associates.
- Presentations will be judged by the Jury in the following categories: method of presentation, substantive values, attractiveness of the subject, independence of work. From the final score determined by the Jury, Coordinator(s) of the session subtracts points for exceeded time of presentation. The assessment of the Jury is final.
- In each session the Jury selects and awards at least one, but no more than 3 best presentation awards (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place). In a situation where two or more presentations have the same score, they will be awarded ex aequo.
- Awards for the best presentation within the session will be sent via post on the address specified by the Author after the Conference, in the email correspondence. The awards will be sent until the 31st of July 2021.
- In the case of the awarded Author being a participant from outside the EU, costs of the delivery will have to be covered by the Author. If the Author resigns to cover the cost of the delivery, the next highest-rank Author will be entitled for the prize.
§7 Final clauses
- Authors and their tutors agree to sharing and processing of data provided during the registration and publication of the abstracts and results of the Conference on the websites of the Medical University of Warsaw, the Conference and STN WUM and in the published conference proceedings.
- Registration of abstract is tantamount to accepting this regulation by authors and theirs tutors. Authors of scientific works who fail to comply the regulations may bear their consequences.
- Interpretation of these regulations and settlement of any problems which are not included in regulations should be resolved by the Head of the Organizing Committee.
These regulations become effective on the date of its entry on the official website of the Conference.
- The Administrator of your personal data is the Medical University of Warsaw with registered office at Żwirki i Wigury 61, 02-091 in Warsaw.
- A Data Protection Officer oversees the processing of personal data and can be contacted at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be processed for the administrative purposes of the conference.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with article 13 paragraph 1 point a or f of the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016.
- Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for achieving the purposes for which they are collected.
- The data will be made available to third parties where required by law, and on the basis of entrustment contracts, it will be transferred to entities providing services to the Medical University of Warsaw, including providers of IT systems and services, payment operators, postal service providers, couriers, and other subcontractors.
- The data will be stored for the period required to service the conference. If your consent is the legal basis for data processing, the data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn. The consent can be withdrawn at any time by sending a request to: email@example.com.
- You have the right to access your data and, subject to laws and regulations, the right to correct, delete, limit processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object to the processing, and the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to bring a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (PUODO).
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way and will not be profiled.