§1 General Regulations
- The 17th Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists, referred to hereafter as Conference, is a review of scientific attainments and a competition amongst the best scientific papers in various sessions.
- The Conference will be held in person from the 6-8th of May, 2022 at the campus of the Medical University of Warsaw (Księcia Trojdena 2a, Warsaw, Poland).
- Warsaw International Medical Congress (referred to as 17th WIMC) is organized by the Students’ Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw (referred to as STN WUM).
- The Organizing Committee, referred to hereafter as Organizers, consists of the board of the Students’ Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw.
- The Organizing Committee appoints Coordinators of Scientific Sessions, whose main tasks will be to organize, prepare and take care of thematic sessions of the Conference.
- The official website of the conference is https://wimc.wum.edu.pl/
- The official language of the Conference is English.
§2 The general course of the Conference
- The Conference consists of three parts: scientific, training and public.
- The scientific part of the Conference should be understood as scientific sessions in form of on-site presentations. The Conference will hold the following scientific sessions: Basic & Preclinical Science; Orthopedics & Traumatology; Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery; Dermatology; Endocrinology & Diabetes; Forensic Medicine; Infectious Diseases; Internal Medicine; Laryngology, Audiology & Phoniatrics; Lifestyle Medicine & Public Health; Neurology & Neurosurgery; Obstetrics, Gynecology & Perinatology; Oncology & Hematology; Pediatrics & Neonatology; Psychiatry & Clinical Psychology; Surgery; Transplantology; Internal Medicine Case Report; Pediatric Case Report; Surgical Case Report; Gynecological Case Report; PhD Basic & Preclinical Science; PhD Clinical Science; PhD Health Science.
- A particular session will take place only if 8 or more scientific papers from at least 3 different scientific groups are accepted in the review process. If the number of papers submitted for a specific session does not meet this requirement, the organizers seize the right to cancel the session, to transfer papers to a session which is most closely related to the topic, to join two sessions which are thematically similar.
- The maximum number of presentations to take place in one session (i.e. the number of abstracts that can be approved for participation within the session) is 15 for all sessions other than case study sessions. For all case study sessions, a maximum number of presentations in one session is 20. Nevertheless, the Organizing Committee seizes the right to change the maximum number of abstracts approved for a given session.
- The training part of the Conference should be understood as discussion panels and workshops organized by the Organizing Committee, Partners or Sponsors. Panels and workshops will be announced in a separate notice and will require separate registration.
- The public part of the Conference should be understood as a series of keynote lectures taking place during the Congress. The aim of these lectures is to provide the attendees with science knowledge associated with advanced medical research in accessible form.
§3 Scientific papers and their authors
- The abstract must be submitted until 22:00 CEST, on March 27th, 2022.
- Abstracts are accepted only in English via electronic registration on the Conference Website.
- Only abstracts of original research papers and case reports will be accepted. Review papers will not be accepted.
- In all sessions, except PhD Basic and Preclinical Science, PhD Clinical Science and PhD Health Science, the presenter has to be a student or graduate, within one year of graduation.
- The abstract must consist of 5 parts: introduction, aim of the study, material and methods, results, conclusion.
- The case report must consist of 3 parts: background, case report, conclusions.
- The abstract may not be longer than 2500 characters. Title and internal titles (introduction, aim of the study etc.) are not included in the count.
- The abstract is not allowed to contain grids, graphs nor picture images.
- The abstract may be submitted by only one presenter.
- Each presenter may submit no more than 3 abstracts and 2 case reports.
- The acceptance of the scientific abstracts is based on the marks given by at least two reviewers.
- The Organizing Committee seizes the right to change the form of presented abstracts and to transfer them to another session.
- The author of the scientific work will be informed – via email – about the acceptance, assigned session, type of presentation or decline of the paper on April 19th, 2022. The Organization Committee seizes a right to extend time to inform the authors of the scientific papers due to unexpected circumstances.
- The decision concerning the type of assigned session, form of presentation or decline of an abstract is final.
- The acceptance process is considered finished at the moment of payment of the conference fee.
§4 The conference fee
- The registration fees will be announced by conference organizers on the opening day of the registration (https://wimc.wum.edu.pl/participation/fees/).
- A money transfer to a bank account of the Medical University o Warsaw (Students Scientific Association of the Medical University of Warsaw) is the only accepted form of registration fee payment.
- The bank account details will be made available to all participants as soon as we finish the abstract submission and evaluation process. For passive participants, this will occur once the registration process is completed.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Every participant who has submitted the registration fee is required to send a confirmation of bank transfer via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days from the date of transfer. Participants wishing to receive an invoice are requested to provide the necessary data (name of the institution, address and tax-related details) included in the aforementioned e-mail and completing the data in the electronic registration form.
§5 Principles of presentations
- The authors of accepted scientific papers may present their work in the form of oral presentations.
- The presentation time of an original paper is set at 7 minutes, while 3 additional minutes are meant for discussion of the paper.
- The presentation of a case report is set at 5 minutes, while 3 additional minutes are meant for discussion of the report.
- Multimedia presentations may be prepared using any application, however the use of Microsoft Office PowerPoint or Adobe Reader is recommended. Video recordings included in the presentations are not recommended as their correct display cannot be guaranteed. All animations and video files are attached by the authors at their own responsibility.
- Presentations will take place according to a precise schedule set by the Organizers. The schedule will be shared with participants at least 7 days prior to the conference. Further details for presenting authors will be provided in the email information from the session coordinators.
- Presentation files should be delivered to the corresponding Session Coordinators via email no later than May 4th, 2022.
- The organizers do not take responsibility for technical difficulties or malfunction of presentation, that may arise due to incompatibility of files.
- Coordinators of a particular session have the right to exclude a scientific paper from the competition if the person registering an abstract or presenting a paper does not abide the regulations of the Conference.
- In all sessions the presenting person must be one of the authors. Each scientific paper can be presented and discussed by only one of the authors – the one indicated in the registration form.
- 8 best presenters selected from the winners of the original papers student sessions will present their papers in the Plenary Session. The list of qualified participants for the Plenary Session will be announced on May 7th, 2022 until 9.00 pm.
§6 Jury and awards
- Presentations will be judged by a Jury properly selected for each scientific session. Each session has a Jury, consisting of acknowledged specialists in the particular field. In order to eliminate a possible conflict of interest, tutor(s) of a paper submitted to the Conference can be member of the Jury but will be excluded from grading scientific work that was performed in the research center of their origin by any of their associates.
- Presentations will be judged by the Jury in the following categories: method of presentation, substantive values, attractiveness of the subject, independence of work. From the final score determined by the Jury, Coordinator(s) of the session subtracts points for exceeded time of presentation. The assessment of the Jury is final.
- In each session the Jury selects and awards at least one, but no more than 3 best presentation awards (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place). In a situation where two or more presentations have the same score, they will be awarded ex aequo.
- Awards for the best presentations within sessions will be granted during the closing ceremony.
§7 Final clauses
- Authors and their tutors agree to sharing and processing of data provided during the registration and publication of the abstracts and results of the Conference on the websites of the Medical University of Warsaw, the Conference and STN WUM and in the published conference proceedings.
- Registration of abstract is tantamount to accepting this regulation by authors and theirs tutors. Authors of scientific works who fail to comply the regulations may bear their consequences.
- Interpretation of these regulations and settlement of any problems which are not included in regulations should be resolved by the Head of the Organizing Committee.
These regulations become effective on the date of its entry on the official website of the Conference.
- The Administrator of your personal data is the Medical University of Warsaw with registered office at Żwirki i Wigury 61, 02-091 in Warsaw.
- A Data Protection Officer oversees the processing of personal data and can be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Your personal data will be processed for the administrative purposes of the conference.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with article 13 paragraph 1 point a or f of the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016.
- Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for achieving the purposes for which they are collected.
- The data will be made available to third parties where required by law, and on the basis of entrustment contracts, it will be transferred to entities providing services to the Medical University of Warsaw, including providers of IT systems and services, payment operators, postal service providers, couriers, and other subcontractors.
- The data will be stored for the period required to service the conference. If your consent is the legal basis for data processing, the data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn. The consent can be withdrawn at any time by sending a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to access your data and, subject to laws and regulations, the right to correct, delete, limit processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object to the processing, and the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right to bring a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (PUODO).
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way and will not be profiled.